Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a proven leader with experience working in retail, ecommerce, or other D2C brands. We are looking for someone to spearhead and develop merchandise plans at Rev$$/Units/Cost by Channel and Category using both the tops-down and bottoms-up approach. This person will develop assortment plans/buy plans by delivery, developing key item spreadsheets, and updating forecasts OTB on a weekly basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in concert with the Sr Planning Director and the Buying Team to develop and communicate a comprehensive Merchandise Plan strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments. Key Measure: OTB
- Execute the pre-season and in-season planning process that include Category and Assortment Planning. Key Measure: Buy Plans by Delivery by Category
- Identify key drivers of the business and prepare appropriate actions plans. Develop and manage Key Item Spreadsheets. Key Measure: All Merchandise Planning Reports.
- Develop and maintain OTB with monthly updates and re-forecasts.
- Assist the Sr. Planning Director to present merchandise area financial forecasts and strategies during the OTB monthly meetings.
- Develop in concert with Merchandising and Allocation, Sku – Assortment Plans that include GBB, store groups and allocation parameters.
- Develop markdown plans ensure alignment with financial goals.
- Work in concert with Allocation to monitor Store performance and ensure that allocation and replenishment is in line with corporate objectives and strategies. Key Measure: Warehouse Available To Sell report
- Work closely with Warehouse Team and Allocation to monitor receipts.
- Liaison with IT to ensure data integrity for all merchandise reports.
- Master computer systems, ideally have a good knowledge of NetSuite, Shopify, NewStore.
- Master Excel advanced functionalities, PowerPoint
- Foster a strong professional working relationship with the Buying Team, Planning Manager and cross-functional departments.
- Actively participate in all departmental meetings by sharing pertinent business information and fostering innovation and cooperation among all team members.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Merchandise Planning within a specialty chain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Math
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a Team environment.
- You have a hard-working, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude about all tasks.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!