Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 15 stores in 7 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
This position requires a highly accomplished Sr. Designer who has demonstrated results in an organization driven by creative leaders. You will need to be creative and think outside of the box by contributing to the overall inventive energy of our company.
This is a roll-up-sleeves and get-hands-dirty role for an ambitious and hungry Designer to partner with a world class creative team to build a next generation fashion brand.
- Proficient in Excel, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Responsible for the development of the handbag, shoe, and jewelry collection at the development stage.
- Producing design concept layouts and mood boards, including sketches, at the beginning of the design process to give the overall direction of the collection.
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability of product responsibilities.
- Responsible for hardware development, specification, illustration, and tech packs for all handbags, shoes, and jewelry.
- Adhering to time and action calendar as defined by Production.
- Knowledge of leather and precious metal properties.
- Responsible for all prototypes put into work via PLM system and/or through vendor communication.
- Reviews and corrects all prototypes received and/or adopted.
- Inputs all adopted styles and required information into PLM system.
- Provides direction for fit and specs of all accessories.
- At least a four year college degree in Fashion Design is required.
- 7-10 years experience in Accessories Design (Shoes, handbags, and jewelry)
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and can take direction and feedback with utmost professionalism.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Summer Fridays: Every Summer, each employee is encouraged to take a “Summer Friday” and leave the office at 3pm
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.