ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
Under the direction of the Production Assistant Manager, the Production Coordinator will coordinate with vendors and interdepartmental teams to ensure a smooth and efficient production process. This person should be organized and enjoy working in a team setting.
This role requires that you are a relationship builder and a team player - driven to contribute to ANINE BING’s reputation, growth and success. You should love working in a fast-paced environment and being a multi-tasker who is self-driven and confident interacting with all levels of management. You must be flexible and passionate about building teams with different skill sets and personalities.
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure that development and production samples are executed correctly and timely.
- Coordinate with designers, buyers, and technical designers to ensure all production requirements, such as colors, trims, fabric quality, and fit are met.
- Receive & log fit samples prior to handing garments to Tech Department for fitting.
- Attend regular fittings to ensure production samples are being approved in a timely manner and communicate any callouts to suppliers.
- Provide TOP (Top of Production) approvals and vendor shipping confirmation for prompt delivery.
- Review quality control and garment testing reports prior to all shipments. Ensure care labels are accurate on the garment and saved in Backbone.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors and advise best costs and ship dates to Buying.
- Work with Design and ensure BOMs (Bill of Materials) are updated with all garment details to share with suppliers.
- Report and review WIP on a regular basis with suppliers
- Manage SMS sample process and handoff to cross functional teams.
- Review production status with Supervisor on a regular basis
- Communicate buys/assortments to suppliers
- Must have 3+ years of production experience
- Basic understanding of garment construction as well as technical knowledge of production preferred
- Basic understanding of fabric types and costing requirements of garments preferred
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Competitive compensation package
- A host of company covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from which to choose
- Catered lunches and Pressed Juice three times a week
- Company-wide social events
- Sample sales (yes, sample sales)
- Employee wardrobe
- Generous employee discount (very generous)
- Fashion District Downtown LA office space
- Free parking
Success at ANINE BING requires that:
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.