Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 5 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We are Looking For:
This position requires a highly collaborative product development assistant who loves working in a fast-paced environment. This is a role for a passionate, creative, and self-motivated individual.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in managing the product life cycle from concept to completion.
- Assist in sending out any development, sourcing, and tracking of new fabrics, washes, trims, and finishes.
- Communicate daily with vendors to ensure samples are accurate and deadlines are met.
- Work closely with design for approval comments and feedback.
- Work closely with Creative and Wholesale to hand off SMS samples on time.
- Ensure that the Bill of Materials (BOMs) are up to date along with all fabric/production lead time information in PLM system
- Assist in the management of s/off, print, lab dips, fabric and color approvals.
- Help to review and approve all samples prior to final hand off to production
- Help support the pd and design team with daily tasks such as sending out packages to overseas vendors, sample tracking and receiving
- Responsible for maintaining all product development reports each season
- Assist with design to organize and build a fabric library.
- Maintain email correspondence with overseas offices when needed.
- Help maintain and organize sample closets for each collection.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Design, Apparel Merchandising or related to Product Development
- 1-2 years of experience in a Women’s Contemporary brand.
- Working knowledge of garment construction
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and can take direction and feedback with utmost professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change.
- Must be detail-oriented, willing to learn and be flexible!
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be based in Los Angeles.
Standard Perks and requirements for roles at ANINE BING
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays: Every Summer, each employee is encouraged to take a “Summer Friday” and leave the office at 3pm (
- As we are working from home this summer (2021) the company will take a day off each month this summer (June, July & August)
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Team Bonding & More!
SUCCESS AT ANINE BING REQUIRES THAT...
- You love to win
- You are a doer
- You are a team player
- You are humble
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
- You are an advocate for the Product Development Team
- You are organized
- You are creatively open-minded
- You want to get your hands dirty
- You solve problems
- You are resilient
- You are flexible
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
- You naturally go the extra mile
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses
- You love working in a creative environment
- You work hard to find a solution that works best for the company and team
- You have a sense of humor
- You are an insatiable learner