Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 15 stores in 7 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What You’ll Do:
ANINE BING is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who can ensure that our accounting data is accurate, timely, and consistent with best practice financial and operational procedures. We are looking for someone who is excited to button up loose ends and facilitate scalability at a high-growth company. The role will report directly to the Controller.
- Execute Daily, Weekly, & Monthly Payments:
- Complete all partner payouts via PayPal, ACH, and international wires.
- Reconcile payments on partner ledgers.
- Research and correct discrepancies as needed.
- Pay credit card balances.
- Oversee payment of all operating invoices.
- Manage the small amount of occasional accounts receivable when needed.
- Promote Accuracy & Efficiency:
- Perform weekly reviews of all account balances and create transfers as needed to keep all accounts at the target balance levels.
- Assist with the monthly accounting close review process.
- Liaise with external accounting firm to categorize transactions.
- Drive projects across functions to create cohesive business strategies between teams.
- Improve Processes:
- Identify and execute cost saving initiatives throughout the entire company.
- Leverage data / analytics to build scalable solutions to complex problems.
- 5+ years of work experience in analytical and accounting roles, preferably in startups.
- Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year College or University preferred.
- Experience with ecommerce and two-sided marketplaces is a plus.
- Organizational payment process experience.
- Experience automating payment processes a plus.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and successfully manage projects to completion.
- Outstanding professional record and unparalleled work ethic.
Perks + Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays: Every Summer, the Company observes one Friday off a month
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win
- You are a doer
- You are a team player
- You are humble
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
- You are an advocate for the Design Team
- You are organized
- You are creatively open-minded
- You want to get your hands dirty
- You solve problems
- You are resilient
- You are flexible
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
- You naturally go the extra mile
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses
- You love working in a creative environment
- You know there’s more than one way to solve a problem and you work hard to find a solution that works best for the company and team
- You have a sense of humor
- You are an insatiable learner