Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 12 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We are Looking For:
This position requires a highly collaborative Art Director who has demonstrated results in an organization driven by creative leaders. You will need to be creative and think outside of the box by contributing to the overall inventive energy of our company. This is a role for a passionate and self-motivated visual artist to partner with a high functioning creative department to build a next-generation fashion brand. This role reports to the Creative Director and Director of Creative Services.
- Define brand and seasonal guidelines, setting direction for all brand touchpoints. Conceptualize compelling print, web, and social marketing direction; inclusive of newsletters, site banners, social content, and brand templates.
- Oversee designers work through to execution, ensuring that all creative output is consistent and in line with guidelines.
- Manage graphic designers, photo retoucher, content strategist, and creative collaborators. Mentor Creative Services team members, guiding their creative processes to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery.
- Create compelling and innovative concepts for all photography and film productions; in line with brand image, content level and marketing strategy.
- Research and suggest talent, creative teams, and collaborators.
- Art direct creative teams on-set.
- In collaboration with Project Manager, manage all image and video post-production. Make image selects, retouch comments, and oversee retouching through to final file delivery.
- Concept and provide direction for interdepartamental asset requests, from PR, Fashion Design, Wholesale, Customer Service, Retail, Executive, and E-commerce teams. Projects inclusive of lookbook layouts, event invites, brand packaging, trim & labels, presentations and sales tools.
- Collaborate daily and work closely with Graphic Designers, Content Strategist, Photo Retoucher, and Creative Director.
- Maintain regular communication and provide status updates to the Project Manager and Director of Creative Services.
- Proactively communicate with creative managers, interdepartmental teams, and executives.
- Articulate direction and design cross-functionally to align with brand vision and strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art/Graphic Design
- 5+ Years in the fashion + eCommerce Industry
- Clean, sophisticated and innovative design aesthetic
- Strong typography and composition knowledge
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Working knowledge of ProPremiere and Final Cut Pro a plus
- Experience working within a project management software; Wrike a plus
- Exceptional organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Active follower of trends and innovations in fashion and design culture
- Possess a collaborative, creative mindset and a positive attitude
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays: Every Summer, each employee is encouraged to take a “Summer Friday” and leave the office at 3pm
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win
- You are a doer
- You’re a team player
- You’re humble
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
- You want to get your hands dirty
- You solve problems
- You are resilient
- You are flexible
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
- Let us know if there's something you don't know - then go figure it out quickly
- You love working in a creative environment
- You have a sense of humor
- You are an insatiable learner