Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce brand revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 20 stores in 7 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 150+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Operations, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Bumble, Cuyana, Farfetch), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Regional Manager to oversee our retail store operation for the east coast region of the US. The east coast region includes NYC, Capital, Florida, and Illinois. The Regional Manager’s responsibilities include leading and managing daily operations to achieve business goals and maximize profitability. As the Regional Manager, your responsibilities will include managing & developing management staff within your region, driving and delivering daily regional sales, managing customer experience, customer retention, employee relations, operations, inventory management and merchandising. You will drive performance in the field by applying best practices in business development, with a special emphasis on training, people development, customer relationship building, and operating profitable daily operations. You must have a strong business acumen and ability to identify new regional market opportunities to deliver results through financial projections, annual budget and meeting inventory expectations. You will represent the Brand and HQ in the field and will be responsible for communicating the brand vision, goals and direction to your teams. This is a field role and as the regional manager you are expected to work daily in the stores and conduct store visits consistently and regularly. This position will also require the ability to coach and counsel with consistent monitoring and appraising of job performance. To be a successful regional manager, you should have a thorough understanding of how to cultivate and communicate an elevated service environment and delivery of superior service and customer experience across all stores. The regional manager should be able to perform effectively in a high-pressure environment and demonstrate excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. The regional manager role will be based at the Soho, NYC store.
What You’ll Do:
- Manager is responsible for achieving sales budget and business goals for multi-store region.
- Manager will oversee daily operations, manage budgets, and set performance objectives for store management.
- The role is expected to work daily in-store; with regular, consistent store visits and travel to each location within your region.
- Ensure company standards and procedures are followed by all employees within your region.
- Regional manager is responsible for recruiting, training and supporting stores managers in hiring & employee onboarding process
- Oversee store training of new and existing store management and sales team. Follow up & ensure all onboarding and training is completed by store management.
- Lead store management and sales team to deliver best in class store culture within the market. Work closely with store managers to elevate service experience and relationship based selling.
- Manager is expected to consistently drive and motivate leadership and store teams to achieve and exceed individual sales goals and store KPIs (Conversion, AOVT, UPT). Ability to think outside the box, apply new approaches to drive, maximize sales.
- Build a regional team that embodies the Anine Bing service culture and company brand values; create plan and identify candidates for internal employee talent bench
- Ensure all sales, marketing and company initiatives are effectively communicated to multi store market management and sales teams for execution
- Conduct weekly regional meetings with store managers to ensure you have thorough understanding of performance. Identify opportunities and formulate action plans to course correct business/operations.
- Effectively communicate business results with the corporate retail team and key cross functional partners. Partner with HQ business partners to grow and increase sales revenue; serve as eyes and ears for the region.
- Working closely with your store managers, oversee all store maintenance and repair daily standards are maintained. Ensure stores are clean, repairs maintained and identify any operational and safety issues to HQ
- Serve as key leader for new store openings. The regional manager will support recruiting, hiring, and training (sales, technology and operations) of new store team members.
- Manage and maintain consistent inventory accuracy within the region. Ensure the store management is trained on inventory management protocols to support efficiency and accuracy.
- Partner with corporate retail, buying teams providing real time on inventory needs, product feedback with relation to region, seasonality.
- Oversee store presentation and brand standards; this includes visual merchandising, store windows and employee dress code.
- Assist store managers with monthly business reviews, team development and annual performance reviews. As regional manager, you must have a good rapport with all store employees.
- Set clear expectations with team and store management. Provide real time feedback that is direct and clear, as needed.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer issues and incident reports.
- 5-7+ Years of current regional field experience, multi-unit management, flagship volume or related industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a similar field preferred, though not required.
- Highly motivated to drive revenue and operations. Must be willing and able to interact with customers and employees in an innovative environment.
- Tenured manager with a history of managing retail employees. Must have a successful track record of hiring, developing and promoting teams.
- Clear and timely communicator. Excellent listening, written, verbal and facilitation, with the ability to interact with all levels of management and corporate employees.
- Experienced in working with retail sales and cost budgets. Possess experience and tactics to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Understanding of retail KPIs and ability to analyze data.
- Experience working with retail tech stack, POS systems and omni-channel. Working knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint) G Suite.
- Excellent prioritization and planning skills. Ability to lead multiple people, running to-do lists, not compromising quality of work.
- Previous experience supporting new store openings; including the hiring & training teams.
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit. Push up your sleeve’s attitude, no job too big or small.
- Prepared and experience to effectively overcome challenges or obstacle in the business, able to quickly identify and implement solution.
- As the regional manager, you will be expected to work daily in stores of your region. The Regional Manager role will reside in one of our NYC store locations with the expectation that manager work in all locations, based on the needs of the business.
- Role will be primarily Monday-Friday. Must be flexible and able to work retail operating hours, including weekends and holidays, based on your business’s needs.
- Ability to travel within region by air, train, car, or public transportation will be expected (NYC, Capital, Florida and Illinois)
- Salary range for this position is $90,000-$160,000 based on relevant experience.
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans available.
- Paid time off.
- ANINE BING uniform allowance
- Generous employee discount
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.