ANINE BING is a fashion brand that’s revolutionizing the way styles are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 5 countries around the world. ANINE BING has raised $15mm in Series A funding to date from Index Ventures, Greycroft Partners, and Felix Capital, and is on a strong growth trajectory.
We are looking for a Freelance Associate Designer to assist with a few upcoming projects. This position requires someone who has demonstrated results in an organization driven by creative leaders. You will need to be creative and think outside of the box. You will be partnering with a world class creative team to contribute to the overall inventive energy of our company and build a next generation fashion brand.
- Cover for Temporary Maternity Leave, 3 days a week.
- Create tech packs with details including components for bill of materials and garment construction pages.
- Attend fittings and update tech packs with sketch changes & BOM updates as needed.
- Keep records of all technical changes in the fitting.
- Closely work with Product Development and Technical design team with design development.
- Source fabric samples and trims for seasonal deliveries.
- Approve bulk submits for production team.
- Approve development submits, print submits, and lab dips.
- Attend Proto Review meetings & review samples with the Executive team.
- Maintain email correspondence with overseas offices.
- Manage and adhere to the design calendar and attend all relevant product meetings as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Women’s Contemporary brand.
- Tech savvy with expertise in Excel, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of garment construction is a must.
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and can take direction and feedback with utmost professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
SUCCESS AT ANINE BING REQUIRES THAT...
- You love to win
- You are a doer
- You are a team player
- Your are humble
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
- You are an advocate for the Design Team
- You are organized
- You are creatively open-minded
- You want to get your hands dirty
- You solve problems
- You are resilient
- You are flexible
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
- You naturally go the extra mile
- If you don’t know something, you say so - Then go figure it out quickly
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses
- You love working in a creative environment
- You know there’s more than one way to skin a cat and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team
- You have a sense of humor
- You are an insatiable learner