Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce brand revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 20 stores in 7 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 150+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Operations, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Bumble, Cuyana, Farfetch), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
The Senior Director, Strategic Finance will be responsible for leading and overseeing all financial aspects of ANINE BING’s Finance operations, including financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in finance, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of driving growth and profitability. Senior Director, Strategic Finance will report to the VP, Strategic Finance and Operations.
- Oversee the company's financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes to ensure timely and accurate financial information is provided to the leadership team and stakeholders
- Develop and implement financial strategies that support the company's goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for growth and profitability
- Lead the development of financial models with analytical rigor to to model out and evaluate core business along with strategic/ operational initiatives, including strategic projects, unit economics, and profitability optimization
- Be a key partner for analyzing data for complex business inquiries
- Track and analyze large amounts of data to discover meaningful trends and present to key stakeholders of the organization on a regular basis
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally across organization to assist leadership with delivering on growth and profitability targets
- Manage a team of finance professionals and provide leadership, coaching, and development opportunities to drive performance and career growth.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably a combination of experience scaling a high growth startup (business operations / strategy / analytics / finance) and experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital
- Experience managing a team
- Expert Excel user with proficiency in advanced data/financial operations and a keen analytical eye with extensive experience building integrated models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications)
- The ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done
- Strong preference for an MBA
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Proficiency in data modeling best practices, and designing / building data pipelines
- Experience managing a data warehouse is a plus
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems when conventional methods are not available
- Experience with ERPs like Netsuite
Perks & Benefits
- The total compensation for this position is $145,000-$165,000 dependent on experience
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Flexible work schedule, in office 2 days per week
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.