Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 21 stores in 5 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 200+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
The Assistant Designer is responsible for supporting the Design Director/Senior Designer in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery the ANINE BING brand. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter with experience in the fashion industry. This candidate will enjoy a startup mentality and environment that changes day to day. He or she should possess a passion for [design and contemporary fashion]. The Assistant Designer will contribute creatively and practically to the daily operations.
This position requires a highly collaborative designer who loves working in a fast-paced environment. This is a role for a passionate, creative, and self-motivated individual.
- Assist with general design studio management and support the design team with daily tasks such as sending out packages to overseas vendors, sample tracking and receiving, general tidiness and organization.
- Support with preliminary design research and assemble presentation boards for meetings.
- Develop seasonal artworks/prints including pitch sheet execution and strike off requests.
- Responsible for maintaining all development reports, color palettes and line sheets each season.
- Assist with sketch updates, tech packs and PLM maintenance.
- Organize and build fabric and trim library.
- Attend and assist in fittings.
- Maintain email correspondence with overseas offices when needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design.
- 0-1 years of experience in a Women’s Contemporary brand.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs with expertise in Excel, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Experience with artwork and print development and execution.
- Working knowledge of garment construction is a must.
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and can take direction and feedback with utmost professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change.
- Must be detail-oriented, willing to learn and be flexible!
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be based in Los Angeles.
- Please provide a portfolio for reference.
Perks & Benefits
- The pay range for this role will is between $60,000-$65,000/ year depending on experience.
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- This role is required to come to our office in Downtown Los Angeles 4+ days/ week.
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.