Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a proven leader with experience working in retail, ecommerce, or other D2C brands. Your role will include managing the Operations team which works closely with our eCommerce, Wholesale, Retail, Accounting, and Buying Teams. The Operations team manages order fulfillment, logistics and supply chain process across all revenue channels in addition to Customer Experience. The right person for this role has exceptional leadership skills, project management experience and is incredibly detail oriented. You have a track record of managing operations teams and distribution centers with a focus on quick turnarounds and exquisite quality. You are adept at Excel, NetSuite and order management technologies. This role is based in DTLA (but currently remote) and will report to the CFO.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, mentor and lead the Operations and Customer Success Team which is responsible for order fulfillment, order issues, inventory discrepancies, retail transfers, wholesale order fulfillment, returns, warehouse receipts, shipping management, international logistics, customer experience and supply chain.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all products and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-revenue strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Create a manual for the operations team to effectively carry out fulfillment and warehouse operations tasks.
- Manage operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Partner with all departments to identify and create business systems (ie. warehousing, distribution, inventory control, IT platform) that ensure profitability and performance of sales.
- Ongoing analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of all sales channels, performance, methods, costs and results.
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations.
Logistics & Fulfillment Strategy:
- Lead and define logistics strategy that aligns with the companies’ growth plans.
- Lead a team of Operations Specialists and optimize processes around cycle counts and accuracy.
- Forecast labor needs and build processes to improve labor efficiency for all department activities.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our delivery and brand promise. Identify opportunities to improve the 3PL / warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Determine cause for inventory misalignment and shortages and develop solutions to solve recurring issues.
- Report and monitor cycle-counts and physical inventory process.
- Report and communicate fulfillment strategy and performance to the whole organization.
- Build vendor compliance policies and procedures to ensure international customs compliance.
Supply Chain Strategy:
- Lead Supply Chain Specialist and monitor AB’s supply chain to obtain a thorough understanding of market factors, dynamics, value and cost generators to optimize efficiency and align processes to strategic goals and objectives.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data from internal/external sources in order to identify major expenditures, savings opportunities, and contract price variances.
- Develop analysis and collaborate with the team to identify and implement supply-chain solutions to improve service levels, enhance customer experience, develop new capabilities and reduce costs.
Customer Experience Strategy:
- Bridge the gap between the Customer Success Team and Operations Team for more seamless communication and more effective processes.
- Strategize usage and processes for key business systems: NewStore, Netsuite, and warehouse management systems.
- Oversee the Customer Success Team, who is responsible for delivering a white-glove customer experience pre and post-purchase through customer interactions across online and in-person interactions
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of related work experience in warehouse management, fulfillment operations, ecommerce operations, supply chain, customer experience or a related field.
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience with emphasis in NetSuite eCommerce solutions and full-cycle NetSuite implementation
- NetSuite Certification preferred
- Proven track record managing multi-million dollar commerce operations through warehouses or 3PL.
- Knowledge of Order Management Systems, ERPs, or WMS tools.
- Effective communicator with excellent follow-through.
- Experience managing vendors and partners with a focus on customer experience, margin preservation, and cost.
- You have a hard-working, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude about all tasks.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays: Every Summer, each employee is encouraged to take a “Summer Friday” and leave the office at 3pm
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!